“It’s easy to be you, so why work hard at being someone else?”
Ms. Prochaska spent 20 years as a therapist and consultant. She discovered Human Design, and now calls herself an intuitive sharpshooter. She gave a TEDx Talk in Bend Oregon May 2015 about ways to get our kids to listen and engage. Here’s the link to that TEDx Talk: Kris Prochaska
She began our interview May 14th by saying:
“Our design does us. Human design is a map of our energy; how we think and process our emotions; how we do things in the world.”
Human Design is a blueprint of our expression, and there are as many designs as there are individuals. Each of us is truly unique.
I found it interesting that Kris suggested we all must surrender to our design. She mentioned we can each work with, and in, harmony of our design.
“Our life is in flow when we are in service to our design”
Ms. Prochaska further defined Energy Intelligence through an experience she had listening to an activist speak.
“I felt her intention as an activist was to inspire action in her audience, but I noticed her intention did not match the energy she was bringing to the presentation. The presenting activist seemed to be “punching the audience in the face” from a place of anger.”
“We have to speak to the heart of the audience. We should use our energetic signature to express ourselves. There is a vibrational sound or feeling the audience will take from your presentation.”
In our unique Human design, 70% of us are designed to listen to our intuition. The other 30% of us listen to our instinct in a different way. Kris Prochaska told us it’s important for each of us to have an awareness of our energy. She related a circumstance when she overrode her awareness and learned a lesson.
“I was bringing in speakers for an event and two members of the board suggested a particular man should be invited to present. They recommended him highly. When I spoke with him on the phone, I had a visceral reaction. I didn’t feel right about him presenting to the group of women who’d be present, but I had him scheduled to speak.
A week before the event, a member of the conference group sent an email about this same man, which said: ‘he’s a convicted child molester’. I knew he was the wrong person to be speaking with this group.”
Do you ever override your awareness? If so, you’re not likely using your Energy Intelligence.
Kris calls it energetic congruency when we are aware of our design, and work within that design to create success.
When we are congruent with energy, people will receive it.
Kris Prochaska offered some ways we can get in tune with, and develop our Energy Intelligence:
- Use the Human Design system to map out your energy.
- Identify circumstances when you’re trying to be something you’re not (operating in shadow)
- Align with who you are
- Align your goals to your actions